Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I'll Love You Forever"

This is a page that I created for the February Challenge over at the Cricut message board. We were to use the word 'love' and a heart cut from any cricut cartridge. I used Plantin Schoolbook (tall ball feature) for the lettering and Graphically Speaking for the hearts. The big heart is embossed with the Cuttlebug using my Swiss Dots folder. The dots are embellished with red stickles and the little heart is also outlined in red stickles.
The page was inspired by my 3 year old son, Jonah. The journaling reads,

"It had been a particularly hard day for all of us, Jonah...the kind of day I'm glad we don't experience very often. You were sick and had not been sleeping well-I'm sure that contributed to it. Your behavior suffered, and Daddy & I felt like we had been disciplining you over and over again for the same things, yet to no avail. We were all ready for you to go to bed that night and just call it a day. Tomorrow would surely be better...it had to be! I poured you some milk to drink and held you close as I rocked you. I had tears of discouragement in my eyes because I was so tired of disciplining you all day without seeing a change in your heart. It was at that moment that you looked up at me, gave me a hug, and said, "I'll love you forever." You couldn't have chosen a better time to encourage my heart. I needed to hear those words. I'll love YOU forever, too, my Jonah...even on days like this." -February '09

No comments: