Friday, February 10, 2012

Army Party Invitations and Honorable Discharge


I love that the Cricut enables me to create custom cards for any occasion! I made these for my son's birthday party. The soldier and the word 'party' were both cut with SCAL and the stars were cut with Plantin Schoolbook. I distressed the card with Tim Holz' ink.
I made these certificates to hand out to the kids as part of their party favors. We played games like 'search and rescue' (aka find the hidden army men scattered around the living room) and 'pin the soldier on the parachute' (also made with the Cricut). For participating in and completing these activities, each child got a medal of honor and this 'honorable discharge' with their names written in calligraphy. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the certificate and for the lettering (had to scale sizes and weld with the Gypsy) and used the markers instead of the cutting blade.

Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day.

No comments: