Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Discover Spring

I created this page for the Whimsical Scraps and Bugs challenge--we were to use black and white with one accent color, the word 'spring' and some bling. I stole the sketch from Passion Sketch--I rotated sketch 33.
This picture was taken in the spring of 2007--the first spring that Jonah was really aware of his surroundings and curious of the world around him. So fun watching him explore new things!
I stamped the white paper with a floral stamp from Fancy Pants and brightened it up a bit with pink stickles. I embossed the black, gray, and pink strips. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder Swiss Dots for the black, Divine Swirl for the gray, and Stylized Flowers for the pink. I put pink stickles over the flowers and black stickles over the swiss dots and divine swirls. The flowers are stamps from Autumn Leaves--I put stickles on those as well and a skittle in the middle of each flower. The word 'discover' is cut from Graphically Speaking and 'Spring' is cut from Storybook. The pink ribbon is from American Crafts.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

This is a beautiful layout. Begins with an awesome picture and your color choices are fantastic!

WOW!

Leanne said...

Love this layout!! The color combo is awesome!