Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heritage


I created this layout for a challenge at Whimsical Scraps and Bugs. The challenge was to use sketch #81 from Mojo Monday (pictured below) and a favorite verse or quote. If you have looked at my blog recently, you'll already know that I love Mojo Monday for their creative card designs. This time, though, I wanted to use the sketch to create a layout. I chose Psalm 127:3 for the verse which says, "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." The picture is of our firstborn on Easter of 2007 with my hubby Scott. The paper is from the DCWV "All About Boys" stack. The title font is from the Cricut Calligraphy cartridge and the frame for the verse, the stars, and the circles at the bottom are all from Graphically Speaking. I hand-sewed the borders and the circle around the stars. The circles at the bottom have a stamp on them that says "a son is a blessing; a son is a gift." Brads in the center finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I LOVE this layout!!! You did a awesome job with this challenge! I hope you don't mind but I will have to scraplift this from you!!

The Bird Nest said...

Scraplift away--that's how I get many of my ideas! Thanks for your kind compliment. It was a fun challenge to work with.

DeeTee said...

Beautiful layout!!!!