Wednesday, January 27, 2010

i ♥ u

I knew I liked the Paisley cartridge when it was first released with all of its cute and whimsical cute, but I didn't know if I would use it a lot because I wasn't sure if it would be very versatile. Well, I fell in LOVE with it during the course of making these cards! I liked it so much that I also made a set of cards for myself (hey, the materials were already out!!!) This card is a joy fold card. I don't want to steal someone else's work, so you'll have to click on the link to be directed to the instructions. *Note* I used the instructions for the first variation shown at the bottom.

The joy fold card has a flap that you open to reveal the card. Here is a picture showing the front of the card in the background and the flap opened in the foreground.

And here it is opened all the way. There is plenty of room to write your greeting. The border punch is Martha Stewart's Scallop Dot.The top flap has to be tucked behind something to stay closed. I cut out 3 circles (3/4") and I cut out "i ♥ u" (1/2") from the Sesame Street font cartridge. They are on pop dots, and this allows the flap to stay closed.
The giraffe is cut at 4". I used stickles on the centers of the flowers on the giraffe and on the heart and around the circles. All paper is DCWV.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: