Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happily Ever After...one day at a time

Ever since I was a little girl, I had the idealistic dream of meeting my Prince Charming, falling madly in love, and living happily ever after. It would be perfect. Hardships may come, but we'd always face them together and grow stronger and deeper in love because of them.
These pictures were taken earlier this year, on a late spring day, when Scott and I stole away for a drive in the mountains and a picnic by a lake. It had been a particularly difficult day for both of us, and we both needed the escape to get some fresh air and enjoy each other's company. Somewhere along the way, I thought about our relationship--our marriage and our love for each other. And I remembered my girlhood dream of living happily ever after. And I realized that it was coming true, even then, even when things aren't 100% right, because we're loving each other, one day at at time. We are in the process of putting enough days together to live happily ever after for a lifetime.
The journaling, which is of a more personal nature of the events that were happening at the time, is hidden behind the picture at the bottom. The Happily Ever After is cut from Storybook. The flourish, as well as the heart outline, is cut from Graphically Speaking, and the rest of the title is from Alphalicious. The stamps, which are wet-embossed, are from Fancy Pants.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: