Monday, November 10, 2008

California

Well, here's the next state in my 50 states album: California! My home state. I love it! Within 45 minutes, I can be in the mountains, the desert, or the beach. I can drive to solitude where the only sounds are the birds chirping and the wind rustling the leaves in the trees, or I can drive downtown and be in the midst of the hustle and bustle of ten thousands of other people around me. We have museums, theaters, amusement parks, sporting venues and more to entertain. But the awe-inspiring views, the roaring of the ocean and the crashing waves, and the sunsets that put God's majesty on display are the real beauty of California. Come and see for yourself!
The state was cut at 5", the flag at 3", the flower and bird at 2 1/2", and the word 'California' at 1". The envelope for the quarter is cut from Fabulous Finds at 2".

A word about the flag: this was the first flag that was really a challenge to cut. 'California Republic' is really tiny! But, as I came to find out, it was not the last state flag that would have me wondering why I ever started this project. More to come later.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: