Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful...

Well this post marks a milestone for my blog...it's my 100th post!!! Thanks for reading, looking at my creative attempts, and leaving comments. I have enjoyed hosting this blog and sharing my ideas with you.
This being the week of Thanksgiving, I find myself reflecting on the many blessings that I have in my life. How I wish I were more diligent to carry this attitude throughout the year...counting my blessings is the greatest anecdote to a complaining and/or discontented heart!

We Give Thanks: 2000
Today I will begin posting a series of Thanksgiving scrapbook pages I made to chronicle the holiday 8 years ago. Because I had several pictures to scrapbook that would span a handful of pages, I decided I wanted to work around a theme to make it cohesive and to save time and materials, too.
I chose a few themes to carry throughout this series to tie it all together: colors, font, twine, and Bible verses regarding thankfulness. I wanted to convey a sense of warmth while reflecting on the meaning of Thanksgiving and the harvest time of year.
For the title pages, I introduced the colors, font (idea from Creative Keepsakes), and twine.
Here are some closer looks:
Thanks for looking! Check back tomorrow for more holiday pages.

No comments: