Friday, November 21, 2008

Tips and Tricks-Circles of various sizes

I finished a layout this week and needed to cut several circles to add to it. The circles had to be slightly smaller than 1", but the smallest setting on my Cricut is 1". No problem! I got about 55 circles cut with my Cricut that were just the right size. I thought I'd share with my friendly blog readers how I did it.
I used Walk In My Garden (other cartridges will work, too, but you just have to look thoroughly in the handbooks to see what is available). With the 'real dial size' button OFF, I cut out the center of some of the flowers. I had to experiment with different sizes but I think I finally settled on a dial size of 3 or 3 1/2 inches to make the circle the appropriate size.
By cutting the circles this way instead of choosing a standard circle from a cartridge like George, you are not limited to the sizes listed on your dial. Just thought I'd share in case it helps someone else...
Thanks for looking today!

No comments: