Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love Birds

Here's a recent layout I completed. It's for a challenge from Whimsical Scraps and Bugs. I am now one of their design team members! :) As a design team member, I get to create projects for their challenges issued every other week. I am really looking forward to contributing--the other members of the design team are so talented! It's fun to have my work thrown in there with theirs. The challenge for this layout was to use red, pink, and white, any heart cut from Cricut, ribbon, and buttons/brads/other embellishments but NO glitter.
The ribbon is fairly obvious so I won't comment further on that. I cut the heart from the Graphically Speaking cartridge. I used the center cut feature on my Expression and cut out a heart and then increased the size a notch before cutting out the same heart. This left me with a frame--and it was transparent because I cut it out from the plastic packaging that comes on a cartridge. Next, I covered the frame with different shades of pink skittles.
The paper is from DCWV. I used the Martha Stewart scallop dot border punch for the pink patterned paper and I placed lettered pink brads (Big Lots $1 find--and it comes with lots of them!) in the holes. I know it's hard to read, but it says "love birds." I tore the red paper behind it and inked it to give it some texture and depth.
The stamp in the bottom left corner of the picture is from Fancy Pants. I love how dark it turned out using my new VersaFine stamp pad! I used to trace over my stamped images with a black ink pen because the images would come out dull or gray. Very tedious.
Here is a better image of the details:
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stinker!! You didn't even tell me!! :)
Mom

The Bird Nest said...

Oops. Sorry, Mom. Mmmm....what else have I forgotten to tell you? ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, whatever it is, you better tell me before I find out!! :)
love, mom--