Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

Hi all! It's been a fun week sharing with you some of the websites and blog that are both old and new for me. If you've missed this week's posts, be sure to read the introduction post on Monday. It's Sunday, which means it's time for me to provide you with sites that are regularly updated on most Sundays.
  • Pencil Lines--A new sketch is offered every Sunday. The PL design team is extremely talented. I love seeing their takes on the weekly sketches. Every month, they pick a favorite reader's submission layout and the entrant wins a special prize.
  • Creative Therapy--I love this one because it's not your typical challenge site. So often, we (read *I*) scrapbook the memorable (or not so memorable) events in our lives, but we (I) neglect to put a lot about ourselves--what we think, feel, imagine, etc. Every week, this site posts a different question that gets the creative journaling juices flowing. I haven't participated yet, but I think it's an excellent idea and my goal is to incorporate more pages like this in my scrapbooks so that future generations have more of an idea of not only what I did, but who I was as a person.
  • The Design Experiment--These designers equip you with "real challenges, raw topics, and creative prompts" (words taken from their website) every two weeks.
  • Bitten By the Bug--Regina issues a challenge to use a specific cut from a Cricut cartridge and lets the designers go at it! They come up with beautiful creations, and others join in, too. There are frequent challenges with wonderful prizes.
  • Card Positioning Systems--This site is great for card sketches. Weekly drawings take place due to the generosity of various sponsors, and there are contests, prizes, and more.
  • 52 Sketches 52 Weeks--Just like the name suggests, a new sketch is provided every week. Julie is so kind to share her sketch and her beautiful takes on it with us. She is a very talented scrapper.
So there you have it. I will post again over the next few days new links to explore--these sites are wonderful sites but don't necessarily have a specific day that they are updated. And, as I find other fabulous sites, I'll be sure to share them with you, too. Although, I am anxious to also share with you some of the projects I've been working on! Stay tuned...and thanks for following along with me this week!

1 comment:

Treva said...

Thank you so much for this list, the time you've taken to present this is greatly appreciated.