Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bakers in Training


Over at Whimsical Scraps and Bugs, our latest challenge was to use the ad at the left for inspiration for a project. I don't have many vintage pictures, so I chose to go with the kitchen theme. These pictures are of my dad and my niece making cookies together from a bag of "Cookies for Dummies." Here's my take on the challenge:








I used A Child's Year for the girl and the oven, as well as for the title (which shows up better in person). I added some stickles to the letters in the title. The flowers are chipboard embellishments. I used distressing ink on the edges of the pages and handstitched around the patterned paper at the bottom.
Here's a close up of page 1:
and page 2:
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

What a great layout!! I wished I had some pictures of my son when he was little helping in the kitchen!! I wished I was into scrapbooking back then like I am now!! Great job on the challenge!!!