Monday, August 10, 2009

A Wish Came True

Today is my 7th anniversary. I am one lucky girl to have a husband as wonderful as my dear Scott. He loves me totally and unconditionally, and is a wonderful father to our boys. I couldn't love him any more than I do! Here's the anniversary card I made for him.
I designed the card using SCAL (ttf 'luv n kisses'). The original character is the outlined heart which is cut out in gold cardstock. Then I used the same character two more times, chose the shadow blackout feature, and flipped one of the hearts, overlapping them just a bit at the top. Those two hearts were welded together and cut out of red. I cut one more heart-a blackout of the original image-in white for the message on the inside.

The top layer of red is embossed using Cuttlebug's Divine Swirls folder. I used red stickles over top to make it sparkly. The sentiment is from Storybook, using the shorty/holes feature at 2 1/2". Here's one more view:
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanx so much for the lovely comment on my post on the cricut mb...not only do i appreciate your encouragement...it gave me a chance to discover you! What a lovely blog...so happy to have found you...i'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card sweetie! Happy anniversary!! Did you see my layout:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1520520

love you guys!
Mom

BirdScrap said...

Sandy--thanks for visiting and for commenting! Love your work.

Mom--I did see that! Thanks for the anniversary wishes.
That picture of Scott was taken after a full day working in the garage and assembling his bike--that's why his face is so dirty but it reminds me of the picture you took of Dad in the backyard a few years ago--I think he was rototilling the yard.

Mary Director said...

Happy Anniversary.

Beautiful card.

Crystal said...

what a beautiful card! i am sure he loved it!