Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm a Little Airplane Now

We live fairly close to a local airport, and it is a favorite spot of our family to play. It has an observation area with a little runway painted on the ground for the kiddos to pretend that they are airplanes taking off and landing. Here's my Jonah, arms outstretched, pretending he can fly and probably singing, "I'm a little airplane now." It's a song he heard on Sesame Street sung by Jonathan Richman.
The child silhouettes are from A Child's Year. The journaling block is from Graphically Speaking. The title is from Zooballoo and Plantin Schoolbook (airplane). The airplane silhouettes on the end of the ribbons are a ttf cut with SCAL.
The airplanes across the top are stamps, but I no longer have the packaging, so I don't know the company. The patterned paper is from DCWV. I finished off the page with colorful ribbons and buttons. I wanted the pages to be bright, playful, and whimsical.
Here's a close up of page 1:
and of page 2:
Journaling is simple, using the 5 'w's.

Who: Jonah & Mommy
What: pretending to be little airplanes
When: February 2009
Where: Van Nuys Airport
Why: because it's fun to use our "imashinations"

(intentionally misspelled to capture his pronunciation of the word)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Djhs said...

How cute is that!! Love it.
mom

Sandy said...

love love love what you have done her...all the planes...too cute...and the ACY cut...i love the ribbons trailing the bitty planes as well...oh heck...i love it all!

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is one of the most eye-catching layous I have ever seen. I think I feel some scraplifting coming on .. my grandson is a pilot and I could so use some of your ideas!

Kris said...

This is really cute! I love the creativity....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.