Friday, August 28, 2009

Monogrammed Card Set

We are having dinner tonight at a friends house, and this monogrammed card set is the gift I made for our hostess. The picture above is of the belly band that goes around the box, with the cards in the background.

I embossed the band with the Cuttlebug folder 'Floral Fantasy' and inked it with Tim Holtz's distressing ink. The ovals, the red top note, and the circle are from the Storybook cartridge. I outlined the shapes with red stickles and embossed the monogram and smaller oval with gold embossing powder. The monogram itself and the damask border are Just Rite stamps. Here is a better picture of the belly band:Some of the cards:
More cards:
There are 6 cards in the set; 3 of each design. This design is using the Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' folder. The background shape behind the monogram is my own design made using SCAL. It has slits in it so that the ribbon can be threaded behind the monogram. The pictures don't show the detail of the monogram and border well, but I used perfect pearls on them, which makes them shimmer in real life. I used copper on some and gold on others.
The other 3 cards look like this:
I made this box, which houses A2 cards perfectly, using directions from the Splitcoast stampers site. You can find the directions HERE.
I used Martha Stewart's Scallop Dot border punch on the top of the box.
Here's the gift, packaged and ready to go for tonight!
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Djhs said...

Wow, good job! When are you coming to dinner at OUR house?? haha!!
love, mom